Neuroanesthesia: Physiology and Pharmacology Relevant to Critical SituationsProduct #: ARC2017-2001
- A systematic approach to the manipulation of the volume of the intracranial contents.
- An understanding of the physiology of the effect of PaCO2 on cerebral blood flow.
- An understanding of the relevance of CBF-CMR coupling to the CBF effects of anesthetic agents.
- An understanding of the very variable, pathology dependent effect of volatile agents on CBF.
- An understanding of the effects of intravenous anesthetic agents on cerebral blood flow and metabolism.
- An understanding of the relative clinical effects of mannitol and hypertonic saline.
- Describe the cerebral protective potential of intravenous agents and of moderate hypothermia.